Friday, September 20, 2013

Orlando Trip

I had not been to any long-distance trips lately.  So, my wife and I decided to go to Orlando, Florida.  I thought I would share some of my experience with all of you.


  1. Orlando's hotels cost a lot.  For example, we got a decent place to stay at Chicago for around $40.  The same in Orlando would have costed us some $100.  The place we chose was for $40 - which meant, it was below our expectations.  There were insects in the bathroom.  The AC was old - did not work as we intended it to work.  The wash basin happened to be outside the bathroom.  I personally was not satisfied.
  2. Then we went to Disney World - Hollywood Studios.  I went there expecting a lot of rides and stuff.  Unfortunately, most of the things available were shows.  The website is right - they have very little number of rides.
  3. The Island of Adventure in Universal Resort was great.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It had so many rides and stuff.


My recommendation:

  1. Choose a good hotel.  You must estimate the cost of your hotel to be about twice as much as what you pay in a normal place.
  2. Choose Universal for theme parks, if you need adventure.  Choose Disney World, if you dont like that much of adventure.


There are other places like Sea World, etc.  I did not go there.  So, I have no idea about those places.

No comments:

Post a Comment